Developers: MacKenzie Bates, Gregory Rose
Producer: Marlena Abraham
Music: Theo Teris
- 10/10, would Game Jam again.
- Producing is a difficult job. Juggling producing and art is more so.
- Blending art styles between artists also takes practice and matching perfectly on such a short time span is next to impossible. Luo and I worked around some of this by starting at opposite ends of the game; she began with the forest while I worked on the cities and we met in the middle.
- Sometimes features need to be cut for time; figuring out what those are takes practice.
We do not see things as they are; we see things as we are."
- Global Game Jam Theme 2014
When a deer leaves a forest, what does it see? Outside of its familiar world, a deer must explore its new surroundings with care. Anything could be dangerous. Learn about this strange environment, but be aware that in the presence of a potential danger, your flight instinct may take over.Our submission was based on the story of a deer that has unwittingly wandered out of familiar territory. Having no experience with its new environment, it must learn quickly about the dangers of this new area if it is to find its way home.
This experience was created for the 2014 Global Game Jam. The theme for the year was "We do not see things as they are; we see things as we are".
See more info at the Global Game Jam page.